As the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child and the best tools to help their children be safe, healthy, and successful — in school and in life. Discovery School PTA subscribes to the mission, purposes, and values of the PTA.
The overall mission of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Meet the 2016-17 Leadership Team
Stay connected with PTA and school happenings by subscribing to receive our online newsletter, The Compass, and our e-mail blasts.
PTA members advocate on a wide variety of child-related issues including education, nutrition, safety, juvenile protection, and parent and family life.
About the Discovery School
The Discovery School in Murfreesboro, TN is a public elementary school for gifted and high-achieving students. Learn more about the Discovery School @ Bellwood